The Ministry of Transport and Communications of North Macedonia (“Ministry”) published an open call for submission of applications for financial support to domestic and foreign air carriers for launching new routes to airports in the ECAA/EU. The provider of the financial support is the Government of North Macedonia, through the Ministry.
The financial support will be provided for routes launched from the Skopje International Airport and the Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport to airports in ECAA/EU, according to the new destination ranking criteria, in the following order:
- period of operation of the destination;
- number of weekly flights;
- attractiveness of the airport (i.e. the airport with the higher number of passengers served in 2019 according to the Airport Council International Report, in the event of more than one application submitted for the same destination); and
- number of seats offered for sale.
The financial support in relation to a new destination is in the maximum amount of:
- EUR 7 per departing passenger, for passengers carried from the Skopje International Airport to the new destination; and
- EUR 4.5 per departing passenger, for passengers carried from the Ohrid St. Paul the Apostle Airport to the new destination.
The deadline for submitting the applications for participation in the financial support granting procedure is 31 March 2023 at noon local time. The documentation for requesting participation in this procedure can be obtained from the website of the Ministry.
The information in this document does not constitute legal advice on any particular matter and is provided for general informational purposes only.